Fair Usage Policy
Our policy for fair usage of hosting services
ReZolve I.T. Limited (ReZolve) provides web hosting Services. By using these Services, Clients agree to comply with the Fair Usage Policies outlined in this agreement and also to indemnify ReZolve against any claims by third parties arising from violation of this Policy.
ReZolve reserves the right to make changes to this Fair Usage Policy at any time, and any changes will be effective immediately upon posting to ReZolve web site: www.rezolve.co.uk. ReZolve's Clients are responsible for regularly reviewing the Policy. Continued use of the Services following any changes shall constitute acceptance of the changes.
This policy recognises the fundamental fact that no one owns or controls the Internet. ReZolve cannot monitor or control all the activities of our Clients. We do not intend to actively screen, review, censor, edit or take responsibility for the activities or content of our Clients. The Client, not ReZolve, assume all responsibility relating to their Internet activities including, but not limited to:
- Aspects of the Client's business.
- Content and data provided by or through a Client for use with the Services.
- Decisions about Client's computer and communications systems needed to access the Services.
- Results obtained from using ReZolve Services.
- Compliance with all applicable laws and governmental regulations regarding Client's business or use of the Services.
- Use of the ReZolve services by Client's end users.
- Compliance with this Fair Usage Policy by the Client and the Client's end users.
Activities conducted on the Internet are subject to many of the same laws and regulations applicable to the offline environment. Clients must exercise a high degree of judgement and responsibility with respect to their use of the Services, including the responsibility to comply with this Fair Usage Policy. Clients will violate this Policy when they or their affiliates engage in any of the following activities:
Network and Other Abuse
Using the ReZolve network or other ReZolve resources in any way that adversely affects other ReZolve Clients is strictly prohibited. This includes but is not limited to:
- Gaining or attempting to gain unauthorised access to servers or services. Such attempts include "Internet scamming" (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, port scanning, probing, monitoring or testing for system or network vulnerabilities.
- Introducing viruses, Trojan horses, trap doors, back doors, Easter eggs, worms, time bombs, packet bombs, cancel bots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
- Intentionally omitting, deleting, forging or misrepresenting transmission information, including headers, return addressing information and IP addresses. Using IP addresses which were not assigned to them by ReZolve.
Accounts may be terminated that include content or which have links to content that:
- Is unlawful or is considered offensive by the web community. Promotes injury or physical harm against any group or individual.
- Promotes or teaches illegal activities.
- Exploits or depicts children in a negative/sexual way.
- Infringes on copyright, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other intellectual property including pirated computer programs, cracker utilities, warez and software serial numbers or registration codes.
- Violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation governing the Client's business or activities, including without limitation the laws and regulations governing export control, unfair competition, false advertising, consumer protection, issuance or sale of securities, trade in firearms, privacy, data transfer and telecommunications.
SPAM or Unsolicited Commercial Email
ReZolve has zero tolerance for the sending of SPAM or Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE) over our network. ReZolve Clients cannot send UCE and cannot host sites or information advertised in UCE. Clients are also responsible for the actions of their clients and must take all reasonable precautions to secure their sites against SPAM exploits.
For some shared resources we require that Clients do not continuously use an unreasonable excess of those resources (using them in a burstable fashion is, of course, entirely acceptable). In such circumstances we reserve the right, at our discretion, to request that the client cease such activities or, in the case of excess use of unmetered bandwidth, be moved to a metered bandwidth connection.
This Fair Usage Policy is not exhaustive. ReZolve has the right to refuse service to anyone at any time WITHOUT WARNING OR PRIOR NOTICE. No refunds of fees paid will be made if account termination is due to a violation of the Fair Usage Policy as outlined above.