Kayako V4 Beta Evaluation
The beta version of version 4 of Kayako's SupportSuite, eSupport and LiveResponse were made available on 8th August. This is my log of how our evaluation progressed.
- Part 1- Installation and Import (this page)
- Part 2 - Kayako Desktop
Importing data - attempt 2
Last night adjusted PHP.INI:-
- memory_limit = 192M (was 128M)
This morning: -
- drop all tables from v4 database
- replaced setup folder
- re-ran setup
- started import - using Admin CP import option this time
After 44 minutes success: -
11 Aug 2010 07:44
Importing data from live ReZolve support database
Following instructions here:-
We have had attachments set to store as files for some time but there will be some early attachments that need conversion.
- Created new MySQL backup and ensured backup of files folder included any aded since last night.
- Copied code for moveattachments.php to /cli
- Ran script from command prompt. No errors and created approx 400 new attachments in files folder.
- Copied contents of files folder (627 Mb) to __swift\files folder in V4 setup.
- Disabled scheduled task for cron parser
- In command prompt, in console folder of V4 installation, run import script and wait.
Cumulative progress (16.49%) of records in whole database.
20:13 - 32.11%...
20:19 - 52.76% - over half way...
20:40 - 94.28% - Allowed memory size exhausted 8-(
Hopefully this will help: http://forums.kayako.com/f204/import-data-v3-28368/
Try again tomorrow...
10 Aug 2010 19:50
Cannot connect to database
Oops. Enabled PDO but not PDO for MySQL
And now have a working support centre...
9 Aug 2010 19:56
PDO not installed
Runing for the first time: -
PHP Fatal error: Class 'PDO' not found in C:\Web\Kayako\support.rezolve.co.uk\__swift\library\Database\class.SWIFT_Database.php on line 300
9 Aug 2010 19:53
Kayako fusion Auto Setup
On with Auto Setup...
9 Aug 2010 19:31
Kayako V4 Beta Installation
- Unzipped installation files into a new folder
- Created virtual directory to run beta from http://support.rezolve.co.uk/beta.
- Created new MySQL database and altered config.php to suit
- Ran setup from http://support.rezolve.co.uk/beta/setup but failed diagnostics, as below: -
Amended PHP.INI: -
- magic_quotes_gpc = off
Wait for later to restart IIS...
9 Aug 2010 15:35
Version 4 Beta released for download
Downloaded version 4.00.818 and the key file for our own SupportSuite licence. Archive contains the desktop app and the usual upload folder containing all the PHP code.
Need to decide how best to evaluate. Ideally need to install as a copy first before applying to our live help-desk. There is an import facility so setting this up shouldn't be an issue but not yet sure how the licence will work as the eval copy would have to reside on a different URL.
Also need to decide whether to use PDO or ADODB. Tempted to try SQL Server as we have 2008 Express with Advanced Services on the server as wells as MySQL.
8 Aug 2010 12:40